Free iphone Apps for Wikipedia
Locate thousands of free iphone/ipad apps for Wikipedia.
Wikipedia FREE APPS
By Wikimedia Foundationreleased on:2009-08-17T10:47:11Z
Wikipedia is now officially on the iPhone! This is our official application and we are working hard on making the absolute best Wikipedia app out there.
This app is focused on being very simple and very fast. Over time, we'll add features based on requests.
The code is 100% open source and community built. If you are a programmer and good at JS/HTML5, then come and help us out!
By Avocado Hillsreleased on:2010-09-23T12:02:34Z
Wikipedia Offline delivers the fastest, most customizable reading experience for Wikipedia, whether online or offline. Join the myriad of scientists, teachers, frequent flyers, vacationers, parents, and knowledge lovers by downloading today.
This is the "Lite" version of Wikipedia Offline. This "lite" version contains the 1,000 most popular Wikipedia articles so that you can get a feel for the application before you buy it!
★ "I've used all of the other competitors and Wiki Offline is by far the best! It's faster, prettier and works better." -- Carl, Principal
★ "This app settles arguments for me (I usually win)" -- Arrie, Businessman
★ "Wiki Offline on an iPad is the closest thing yet to a real Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! You have to admit that being able to hold that much knowledge in your hands is amazing." -- John, Software Engineer
★ "I can't be the only one who feels like this app should have cost a lot more!. To have it so brilliantly designed with such a touch of elegance makes all the difference in the world. Way to go avocado hills. I love you guys." -- Jean, teacher in Haiti
★ No internet connection required (after initial download)
★ Real-time search and article loading
★ Image gallery
★ Supports embedded images and tables in articles
★ In-page search
★ Full screen viewing for best reading experience
★ Bookmarks, full page history, and Table of Contents
★ Automatic page redirects
★ Customize font, brightness and color
★ Ability to download the latest version of articles from the internet
★ Instantly scroll to the beginning of an article by tapping the status bar (the very top of the screen)
★ Double tap in an article to switch to full screen mode (iPhone 4+)
★ Pull down on the top of an article to download the latest version from the internet (iOS3.2+)
★ Pinch an article to change the font quickly (iOS3.2+)
★ Pull down on the language list in the settings to check for updates
★ Pull down on the list of favorites to refresh all favorite articles from the internet.
Every email is answered, most within a few hours. User input is greatly appreciated -- in fact, most new features are suggested by users like yourself!
By realazyreleased on:2009-09-18T12:13:12Z
You read, and we deal with other stuff. Offering you a 'search-and-read' two-step experience, Simplepedia (formerly Handy Wiki) is your handy shortcut to Wikipedia on your iPhone and iPod touch.
- Essential Wikipedia App selected by AppAdvice.com http://tinyurl.com/simplepedia
- Featured in "What's Hot" on App Store at November 2009
- Elegant chapter selector, you can easily jump to any section of article as you need
- Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch's small screen size for reading
- Hyphenation (off by default)
- Elegant chapter selector, you can jump to any section of article as you need
- Automatically save articles for offline reading, images included
- Built-in image browser, you can save image to your photo album
- Built-in browser for visiting external links
- Search in 70 languages: Afrikaans, Az"u0259rbaycan, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, Basa Jawa, Basa Sunda, Bosanski, Brezhoneg, Catal"u00e0, Cebuano, "u010cesky, Cymraeg, Dansk, Deutsch, Eesti, English, Espa"u00f1ol, Esperanto, Euskara, Fran"u00e7ais, Galego, Hrvatski, Ido, "u00cdslenska, Italiano, Krey"u00f2l ayisyen, Kurd"u00ee / "u0643"u0648"u0631"u062f"u06cc, Latina, Latvie"u0161u, L"u00ebtzebuergesch, Lietuvi"u0173, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk (bokm"u00e5l), Norsk (nynorsk), Occitan, Piemont"u00e8is, Polski, Portugu"u00eas, Rom"u00e2n"u0103, Shqip, Sloven"u010dina, Sloven"u0161"u010dina, Srpskohrvatski, Suomi, Svenska, Tagalog, Ti"u1ebfng Vi"u1ec7t, T"u00fcrk"u00e7e, Volap"u00fck, "u0395"u03bb"u03bb"u03b7"u03bd"u03b9"u03ba"u03ac, "u0411"u0435"u043b"u0430"u0440"u0443"u0441"u043a"u0430"u044f, "u0411"u044a"u043b"u0433"u0430"u0440"u0441"u043a"u0438, "u041c"u0430"u043a"u0435"u0434"u043e"u043d"u0441"u043a"u0438, "u0420"u0443"u0441"u0441"u043a"u0438"u0439, "u0421"u0440"u043f"u0441"u043a"u0438 / Srpski, "u0423"u043a"u0440"u0430"u0457"u043d"u0441"u044c"u043a"u0430, "u10e5"u10d0"u10e0"u10d7"u10e3"u10da"u10d8, "u05e2"u05d1"u05e8"u05d9"u05ea, "u0627"u0644"u0639"u0631"u0628"u064a"u0629, "u0641"u0627"u0631"u0633"u06cc, "u0928"u0947"u092a"u093e"u0932 "u092d"u093e"u0937"u093e, "u092e"u0930"u093e"u0920"u0940, "u0939"u093f"u0928"u094d"u0926"u0940, "u0ba4"u0bae"u0bbf"u0bb4"u0bcd, "u0e44"u0e17"u0e22, "ud55c"uad6d"uc5b4, "u4e2d"u6587"u6b63"u9ad4/"u7e41"u9ad4, "u4e2d"u6587"u7b80"u4f53, "u65e5"u672c"u8a9e
Search "Simplepedia" to get premium version, which support more features included Find in page, customizable reading options and more.
By Robert Chinreleased on:2008-08-20T03:56:27Z
Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- Interactive font resizing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: To scroll to the top of a Wikipedia entry, hit the title bar at the top of the iPhone's screen (this works in Safari too).
Second tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
Wikipanion will always remain advertisement free.
By Alberto Garc00eda Hierroreleased on:2009-07-12T07:02:01Z
WikiWiki is a Wikipedia browser fully designed for the iPhone. Its main features are:
* Page reformatting for the iPhone
* Native support for tables of contents
* Full screen views for images and maps
* Navigation history
By Satoshi Nakagawareleased on:2008-10-05T05:33:29Z
Wikiamo is an intuitive, Safari-like Wikipedia viewer for your iPhone and iPod Touch. It shows articles on Wikipedia with custom formatting, so you can read it comfortably.
The good points of this application are:
"u30fbPage cache. It allows you to read articles offline.
"u30fbMultilingual incremental search.
"u30fbTable of contents.
"u30fbLinks to the other languages.
Check the system settings application on your home screen, you will see some options of Wikiamo.
"u30fbShake to show a random page.
"u30fbPermanent page cache.
"u30fbShow search dialog on launch.
"u30fbClear page cache on the next launch.
Page cache is alive in a week by default. If you enable the permanent cache option, it will never be cleared.
For developers, you can launch Wikiamo from your application by calling openURL with wikiamo://.
"u30fbTo open a page:
**** ATTENTION ****
I can't provide support to people leaving reviews on App Store. There is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please send a mail to email@example.com.
By Lan Manreleased on:2010-08-19T11:07:28Z
Wikipedia has millions of articles. You could not possibly read through all of them in your lifetime. But would you even want to? I think not. But how about if you could read only the most fascinating and interesting articles that Wikipedia has to offer?
Well, that's what is in this app. 50 of the most interesting Wikipedia articles - gathered together in a little bookshelf on your iPhone.
If you are ready to discover things you never even knew existed, then get this app.
By Tweakersoftreleased on:2009-09-18T05:08:58Z
Do you struggle to find what you are searching for?
Does it take ages to retrieve the information you need?
SearchIt makes your life easier by providing a no frills search across the web.
Through its simplified interface quickly find what you need across web, news, wikipedia and images.
Type in a word, a name... and the suggestion assistant will immediately give you a range of results you can tap on to narrow your search criteria or simply shake your phone to clear all the results
Do you search for that particular thing every day? No need to retype... all the searches are saved.
From the developers of AroundMe, SearchIt will help you search easier.
By Sophiestication Softwarereleased on:2010-03-22T07:00:00Z
"On this day" is a stylish calendar that lets you view historical events, birth and death dates on your iPhone and iPod touch.
- Display Events, Birth and Death dates
- Quickly select a specific calendar date
- Shake your device to reload the current day
- Open entries in the Articles Wikipedia App or Safari
The Wikipedia View displays iAds if Articles, the Wikipedia App, is not installed.
Follow us on Twitter for updates and development news: http://twitter.com/sophiestication
By Veveo Inc.released on:2008-11-01T06:45:47Z
Finding any information in Wikipedia or dictionary is easier than finding a contact in your phone! Tap in just a few characters and you can search and find any Wikipedia topic or any English word. One more tap and you can watch videos relevant to the topic, or listen to how the word is pronounced. Wikitap is a great reference for Encyclopedia, Pronunciation, Thesaurus and more.
What's more, you can actively participate by adding videos or pictures to a wikipedia topic of your interest.
By NextAroundYoureleased on:2009-10-02T08:47:32Z
Wikihood for iPhone and iPod Touch!
!!! Wikihood has been awarded as Germany's best iPhone App 2010 !!!
What our customers say about us:
- "You can't get more! I have been living here for 40 years and I did not know all this information. Simply great, thanks!"
- "This app is the greatest I have loaded onto my iPhone!"
- "You are somewhere, start the app and immediately know everything about your location. Marvelous!!"
- "This app is crazy!! Tools like this make the iPhone valuable! It's some kind of augmented reality!"
And thats what the press says about us:
- MACWORLD: "Wikihood turns every trip into an educational journey..."
- PC MAGAZINE: "Wikihood should not be lacking on any iPhone!"
- CHIP ONLINE: "Conclusion: Wikihood is an interessting app for the iPhone, which supersedes many travel guides."
- IPHONE MAGAZINE: "Expensive travel guides and the like are no longer needed."
- IPHONE BLOG: "... who needs a boring travel guide any longer?"
What are the most important sights to see around me?
What do others find interesting here?
Is there a museum, a castle, a parc or church nearby?
What persons are related to this place?
Did a historic battle happen at this place?
Wikihood knows the answers to questions like these.
Wikihood is organizing the information of the Wikipedia for any place in the world.
Within a few clicks you not only get access to all the locations around you, but also the vast information related to these locations categorized by "persons" und "culture/buildings".
At a glance you see:
- which locations are closest to you
- what are the most important locations around you
- what do others find interesting in the proximity (15.000+ ratings)
- how do I get to a location using the map
Wikihood is available with an offline mode.
You can buy (very cheap) more than 560.000 offline packages, which you can compose as you wish.
You choose a location and we create your package individually - world-wide!
Travel guides are no longer needed with Wikihood as your companion.
Without the need for an internet connection, Wikihood is ideal for:
- iPod Touch
- iPhone in a foreign country with expensive data roaming
- iPhone in regions with bad coverage
Offline packages include all the information of Wikihood around a selected location (incl. pictures).
Depending on the density of the data and the package size the covered area can be of 10-200km radius.
- offline packages are bought ONCE, all future package updates are FREE!
- offline packages can be deleted and restored for free
Coverage Wikihood packages:
M: 2.000 articles
L: 5.000 articles
XL: 10.000 articles
The coverage can also be checked within a map.
By the way, Wikihood has a bigger brother - Wikihood PLUS:
Wikihood Plus offers everything you like from Wikihood PLUS:
- 2 extra categories "economy" and "geography" with over 100.000 articles plus
- search functionality for Wikipedia within Wikihood
- free download of 5 offline packages
By Tech Luminareleased on:2008-09-01T03:10:43Z
Get quick access to detailed demographic information of almost 250 countries around the world, right on your iPhone or iPod touch.
* Access information about the capital, government, population, area, GDP, currency and the flag of any country as displayed on the Wikipedia site.
* It is free.
* All the information is stored locally on your iPhone/iPod touch for quick access, without requiring internet access or waiting for the downloads to complete.
* Landscape option for easier viewing.
[Note: For those who would like to see even more information for each country, please check out World Wiki Plus, which includes the World Factbook. Thank you.]
World Wiki now allows you to play the instrumental version of national anthems of most countries.
By taptu.comreleased on:2008-11-08T08:56:49Z
Wapedia is the fastest way to access Wikipedia on your iPhone packed with the features you'd expect in a paid App but free of charge plus unique features only available to Wapedia. Just try it and see for yourself.
All the benefits of the Wikipedia website with customization to make the most of the iPhone display and touch interface. More than 130 local language versions of Wikipedia and other wikis.
* Fast searching of Wikipedia and other wikis
* Full-screen reading (kiosk mode)
* Save articles for offline viewing
* Fast loading of long articles, even on slower cellular networks
* Share articles via Facebook or Twitter
* Customization of preferences such as image size
* Auto-completion for fast entry of article titles
* Quick table of contents links
* Caching of visited pages for quick viewing
Wapedia has been providing mobile versions of Wikipedia since 2004. With unrivalled speed and layout tailored to all kinds of devices worldwide, Wapedia is the original, and one of the most popular ways to access the free encyclopedia on the go.
130+ local language versions including
* Bahasa Indonesia
* Norsk (bokm"u00e5l)
By ADS Software Group, Inc.released on:2008-11-19T01:42:16Z
7 Educational Geographic apps in one: World Countries Factbook (CIA, WIkipedia, Anthems, Maps, Flags, Capitals) - all 260 countries/territories, Continental maps, Flags, 3 types of Quizzes: capitals, maps, flags and trivia, Flash cards and Rankings.
Check full version of World Countries for more apps:
Wikitravel (offline travel guides for all countries), World Photos, World News, World Map, Flags Memory Match Game, Guess the Flag game and Geo Trivia Quiz.
"World Countries Makes Learning Easy and Provides Detailed Information at the Same Time" - appcraver.com
Use this app to learn about countries, check yourself and your friends, play with other people and even improve your memorizing skills.
"u2713 Pocket reference for 260 world countries and regions. Offline. No internet connection needed. Includes:
Factbook - CIA The World Factbook by CIA, WIkipedia, Anthems, Maps, Flags, Capitals.
"u2713 World Map - large political map of the World
"u2713 Country Maps - 260 maps of countries
"u2713 Continents - large maps of continents
"u2713 Quiz games - Capitals, Flags, Maps
"u2713 Flags - World Flags reference
"u2713 Countries flash cards
"u2713 Select any combination of regions - Asia, Africa, Europe, America, Oceania
"u2713 Send info or maps by Email from the application
"u2713 Copy info to clipboard
"u2713 Adjustable font size
"u2713 Compare your Quiz scores and Games results versus other players and your friends (facebook/twitter)
"u2713 Invite and challenge your friends
"u2713 Post your achievements to facebook and twitter
Please send your reviews and requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe to our newsletter at http://blog.ads-sg.com and follow on twitter at http://twitter.com/adssginc
If you like World Countries Free, check out FULL Version more apps with no advertising.
World Countries is under active development. We are constantly adding new apps and content
More apps by ADS Software Group:
"u2713 ART - Pocket Art Gallery. Great Artists. Slideshow. Quiz
"u2713 USA Factbook and Quiz - all that newcomers to the US should know.
"u2713 Love Clock and Quotes
"u2713 JS Bach - Classical Music Collection and Quiz.
By Next Mobile Webreleased on:2008-10-23T02:13:29Z
Quickpedia is a FREE app for browsing Wikipedia on your iPhone. Quickpedia's many features include:
- VIEW: View Wikipedia pages optimized for comfortable and easy viewing on your iPhone's screen.
- NAVIGATE: Our unique navigation experience puts your browsing history right in the navigation bar, so you can tell at a glance the article that brought you to the current page.
- SEARCH: Search Wikipedia articles using our fast find interface that puts you a click away from your most frequent searches.
- QUICK: Quickpedia saves the text of Wikipedia articles to disk, so going back to your favorite article is fast. (Note that images are not saved to disk.)
- FEATURED: Get today's featured article from the front page of Wikipedia.
- NEWS: Dig deeper and find out more about current events.
- RANDOM: Take a random walk through Wikipedia.
- NEARBY: Discover Wikipedia articles about the places near your current location.
- POPULAR: Find out what other iPhone users are searching.
Quickpedia has been featured on CNET.com's CNET TV.
Next Mobile Web is not affiliated or endorsed by the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikipedia is a trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation.
By FuzzyBetareleased on:2009-02-19T08:00:00Z
--- Free version of Super Search Pro ---
Ever wanted to quickly search a specific site like IMDb, Wikipedia, or Digg?
This app was created just for you!*
A simple yet powerful application that makes it much faster and easier to search a multitude of popular websites.
Now you can quickly search any of the following websites:
IMDB, Wikipedia, Amazon, Google Images, Google News, Google Finance, Google Faces, Dictionary, Urban Dictionary, Yahoo, Twitter, Youtube, eBay, Google, Slashdot, Delicious, Froogle, Mahalo, Bible Gateway, Rotten Tomatoes, flickr, Digg, Reddit, WebMD, Weather Underground, HowStuffWorks, and All Recipes.
This free version will show advertisements. Check out Super Search Pro for an ad-free version with search history and user created custom searches.
We would love to hear your feedback:
email us at
or follow us on twitter
*okay we have to admit, we made this app to make our search lives easier too
By Minipediareleased on:2011-01-14T08:00:00Z
Whether you are on an airplane, in the subway or just in a caf"u00e9 - with Minipedia LITE you've got the most important articles right at your fingertip, even without WiFi or 3G.
The "pocket" Wikipedia to go provides a collection of the 5,000 most popular articles of the Online Encyclopedia.
"u00b7 No internet connection required
"u00b7 Featuring 5,000 most popular articles
"u00b7 Display pictures with internet connection (adjustable in Options)
"u00b7 Real-time search for quick results
"u00b7 Search history
"u00b7 Shuffle function for random articles
If this is not enough - try "Minipedia" with a total of 250,000 articles.
"u00b7 To save memory on your mobile device, articles only include an abstract of the original Wikipedia article.
There are more than 300,000 iphone/ipad apps for just about any category you can think of including Wikipedia you looking for.
We belive for every paid Wikipedia app out there there is a equivalent free Wikipedia app that can be downloaded from itunes free of charge. If you do not like that app you can always uninstall it without paying for it or worring about losing the money you paid for app you do not use.
Try out the free Wikipedia apps to see if you like it before purchasing the more expensive versions of it.
- There are thousands of iphone developers daily release free iphone apps.
- Explore different Wikipedia apps with free iphone apps and see if you like it before you pay for it.
- Just like trial software for non mobile operating systems, free iphone Wikipedia apps let you explore similar tools before you purchase the more expensive version.
- For those of you looking for particular Wikipedia app specific to a professional decipline search apps by Apps Popular Among Professions.
Wikipedia Apps Users Comments